Maissin-National French-German War Cemetery
The Maissin necropolis covers 5,040 m². A Breton Calvary dating from the 16th century, a commemorative stele honouring the dead of the 2ndArmy Corps, and a marker dedicated to Pierre Massé make up its furnishings. This memorial site is the last resting place of 4,782 fighters who died in August of 1914. This military cemetery holds the bodies of 282 Frenchmen and 513 Germans, in individual tombs. 3,001 other French soldiers occupy two ossuaries; 643 Frenchmen and 343 Germans occupy a mixed ossuary.