Ferme Buterne Military Cemetery

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

Houplines was in Allied hands (but near the front line) from 17 October 1914, when it was taken by the 4th Division. It fell into German hands in April 1918 during their great advance, but was recovered in September. The village contained four Commonwealth cemeteries in addition to plots in the communal cemetery, but the graves were regrouped after the war and only two cemeteries remain.

 

Ferme Buterne Military Cemetery was used from January to October 1915, chiefly by the 6th Division. It contains 129 Commonwealth burials, two of which are unidentified.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (126)
  • Canadian (1)

Served in

  • Army (127)
Ferme Buterne MC
PDF – 33.6 KB