Sanders Keep Military Cemetery, Graincourt-les-Havrincourt
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
"Sanders Keep" was a German fortification 2 kilometres South-West of the village, between the Hermies and Havrincourt roads. It was stormed by the Scots Guards on the 27th September 1918, and after the fight the British and German dead were buried on the battlefield by the Guards Division Burial Officer.
There are now nearly 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 755 square metres and is enclosed by a stone rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (135)
- Army (135)