Morlancourt British Cemetery N°2

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

The village of Morlancourt was a quiet place used by field ambulances in 1916, but at the end of March 1918, it was captured by the Germans. Local operations in May and June brought the Allied line nearer to it, but the village remained in German hands until 9 August, when it was taken by the 1/1st Cambridgeshire Regiment and tanks. Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 2 (for some years called Morlancourt British Cemetery) was made in August 1918.

 

The cemetery contains 56 First World War burials, two of them unidentified.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (53)
  • Australian (1)

Served in

  • Army (54)
Morlancourt BC N 2
PDF – 33.5 KB