History Information (Source: CWGC)
Locre (now Loker) was in Allied hands during the greater part of the war, and field ambulances were stationed in the Convent of St. Antoine. The village changed hands several times between 25 and 30 April 1918, when it was recaptured by the French. The hospice, or convent, was the scene of severe fighting on 20 May, but was not retaken until first week in July. Loker Churchyard was used by field ambulances and fighting units from December 1914 to June 1917, and it contains two Commonwealth plots. One grave was brought in after the Armistice from LOCRE FRENCH CEMETERY No.4.
The churchyard contains 215 Commonwealth burials of the First World War.
· United Kingdom (183)
· Canadian (31)
· Army (214)