Busigny Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Busigny was captured by the 30th American Division and British cavalry on 9 October 1918, in the Battle of Cambrai, and in the course of the next two months the 48th, 37th and 12th Casualty Clearing Stations came successively to the village. The majority of the burials were made from these three hospitals. The cemetery extension was begun in October 1918, and used until February 1919. After the Armistice it was enlarged when graves were brought into Plots II-VII of graves from a wide area between Cambrai and Guise.
Busigny Communal Cemetery Extension contains 670 First World War burials, 64 of them unidentified. The extension was designed by Charles Holden.
- United Kingdom (646)
- Australian (32)
- Canadian (9)
- South African (6)
- New Zealand (3)
- Army (687)
- Air Force (9)