Orange Trench Cemetery, Monchy-le-Preux
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Orange Hill and Orange Trench were features of the country south of the river Scarpe, through which Commonwealth forces fought their way in April 1917, during the Battle of Arras, and again in August 1918. Orange Trench Cemetery was made after the fighting of 9-11 April 1917, when the 12th, 15th and 37th Divisions carried Monchy-le-Preux and the country between it and the Scarpe; the graves are all of April and May 1917.
Orange Trench Cemetery contains 118 burials and commemorations of the First World War. Exactly half of the burials are unidentified but there are special memorials to six casualties known, or believed, to be buried here among them. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- United Kingdom (59)
- Army (59)