Moreuil, monument au 31 corps d'armée
Historical Information (Wikipedia)
The monument to the 31st CA of Moreuil was erected at the place where this corps launched out on August 8, 1918, in collaboration with the British troops, on the German front which it pierced.
Located on the edge of the D23, connecting Moreuil to Démuin, this monument was erected thanks to the voluntary payment of officers, non-commissioned officers and soldiers of the 31st C.A. Destroyed in 1940 by the Germans, it was rebuilt in 1955 by the Souvenir Français.
At the place where it stands today, the 31st C.A. set off on August 8, 1918, in collaboration with the British troops, on the German front which it pierced. An offensive which will lead them, for the "last quarter of an hour", from Roye to La Capelle, passing through Ham and Mont d'Origny, where the German plenipotentiaries will appear at its outposts.
The 31st C.A. was composed of the 37, 42, 64, 65, 66, 125 and 153rd infantry divisions; of the 2nd tank battalion; of the 24th regiment of dragons and the 108th regiment of heavy artillery.