Kandahar Farm Cemetery 

History Information (Source: CWGC)

Kandahar Farm was near the village of Wulverghem (now Wulvergem) and for much of the war, the front line ran a little east of the village. The cemetery was used by Commonwealth divisions holding this sector from November 1914 to April 1918, when it fell into German hands with the capture of Wulverghem and Neuve-Eglise (now Nieuwkerke). The two villages were recovered in early September and the cemetery was used again.

 

There are now 443 Commonwealth burials of the First World War in the cemetery. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (211)

·         Australian (186)

·         New Zealand (33)

·         Canadian (6)

·         German (3)

Served in

·         Army (439)

Kandahar Farm
PDF – 105.3 KB