Billy-Berclau Kriegsgräberstätte - German War Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: Volksbund)
1,683 German war dead - 1 Russian casualty
Created by the German troops in 1915. The Reserve Infantry Regiment No. 244 and the Kurhessian fighter battalion No. 11 put a memorial stone to their fallen comrades during the war. After the war, French military authorities brought German casualties from nearby villages to the south-east of Billy-Berclau. The Volksbund planted birches and shrubs in the 1920s, laid out the entrance area and erected a monument with a bronze cross. In 1974 the wooden crosses were exchanged for metal crosses.