Poix-du-Nord Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Poix-du-Nord was captured in the latter part of October 1918. It was later "adopted" by the Borough of Keighley. The Extension was made after the capture of the village, and increased after the Armistice by the concentration of graves from the following cemetery:- Escarmain Communal Cemetery Extension. This was at the back of the Communal Cemetery and was begun by the Germans, but continued to be used by the 2nd Division Burial Officer after the capture of the village at the end of October 1918. It contained the graves of 20 German soldiers and 27 from the United Kingdom.
There are now nearly 100, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site. The Extension covers an area of 621 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (94)
- Army (91)
- Air Force (3)