Neuve-Chapelle Farm Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village has given its name to the battle which began on the 10th March, 1915, and in which it was captured, not for the first time, by the IV and Indian Corps. It was later "adopted" by the County Borough of Blackpool. Neuve-Chapelle Farm Cemetery was begun by the 13th London Regiment (The Kensingtons) during the Battle of Neuve-Chapelle.
There are now over 60, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, nearly half are unidentified and special memorials are erected to 13 men of the Kensingtons who are buried among them. The cemetery covers an area of 585 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.