Berles New Military Cemetery

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

The village of Berles-au-Bois remained in British hands from the summer of 1915, when it was taken over from French troops, until the end of the War; but it suffered at times from severe shelling. The village was later "adopted" by the County Borough of Wolverhampton. Berles New Military Cemetery was begun by fighting units in January 1917, when the Churchyard Extension was closed; it was used until April 1918.

 

There are now over 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The Cemetery covers an area of 972 square metres.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (166)

Served in

  • Army (162)
  • Air Force (4)
Berles New MC
PDF – 150.7 KB