Zuydcoote German Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
In the autumn of 1917, while the XV Corps was holding the Nieuport section, the 34th and 36th Casualty Clearing Stations were posted at Zuydcoote. The Military Cemetery contains, for the most part, the graves of officers and men who died in these hospitals.
The cemetery covers an area of 1,042 square metres and is enclosed by a wall. On the West side of it is Zuydcoote French National Cemetery, made after the Armistice, and containing over 1,000 French and 170 German graves.