Crucifix Cemetery, Vendegies-sur-Ecaillon
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Crucifix Cemetery, Vendegies-sur-Ecaillon was captured by the 19th (Western) and 61st (South Midland) Divisions on 24 October 1918, after severe fighting. The cemetery, which stands behind a roadside crucifix, was made by the 61st Division after the battle.
Crucifix Cemetery contains 50 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, 31 of them belonging to the 2nd/6th Royal Warwickshires. There are also 26 French burials in the cemetery dating from August 1914. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- United Kingdom (50)
- Army (50)