Brandhoek New Military Cemetery N°3
History Information (Source: CWGC)
During the First World War, Brandhoek was within the area comparatively safe from shell fire which extended beyond Vlamertinghe Church. Field ambulances were posted there continuously. Until July 1917 burials had been made in the Military Cemetery, but the arrival of the 32nd, 3rd Australian and 44th Casualty Clearing Stations, in preparation for the new Allied offensive launched that month, made it necessary to open the New Military Cemetery. The New Military Cemetery No 3 opened in August and continued in use until May 1918.
Brandhoek New Military Cemetery No 3 contains 975 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.
· United Kingdom (852)
· Canadian (54)
· Australian (46)
· New Zealand (18)
· South African (5)
· Army (975)