Dickebusch New Military Cemetery & Extension

History Information (Source: CWGC)

The New Military Cemetery was begun in February 1915 and was used until May 1917 by fighting units and field ambulances, with a few further burials taking place in March and April 1918. The Extension was used from May 1917 to January 1918.

 

The New Military Cemetery contains 624 First World War burials, including 8 unidentified, the Extension contains 547 including 5 unidentified. The site was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.

 

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (523)

·         Canadian (84)

·         Australian (11)

Served in

·         Army (618)

 

Extension

Served with

·         United Kingdom (515)

·         Australian (24)

·         Canadian (2)

·         South African (1)

Served in

·         Army (542)

 

Dickebusch New MC
PDF – 37.2 KB