Wicres Village German Military Cemetery
The German military cemetery at Wicres Village was created in September 1915 following the fighting in the area of Neuve Chapelle and La Bassée.
There is a monument within the cemetery honouring 210 soldiers who were killed in a mine explosion on the 25th September 1915. A further 900 soldiers were buried here in the second half of 1915. Almost 1000 further graves were added in 1918 following the major German attack of May and the Allied counter-offensive in September and October.
The cemetery now contains 2.824 casualties from the First World War. Each has an individual grave and only 128 are unknown.