Brancourt-le-Grand Military Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Brancourt-le-Grand was captured on the 8th October, 1918, by the 30th American Division and the 301st American Tank Battalion; the 118th Infantry Regiment erected a Memorial in the village. The Military Cemetery was made behind a German Cemetery of 168 graves (now removed) in October, 1918; three British graves of March, 1918, were brought in from the German Cemetery after the Armistice.
There are over 40, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. One grave that could not be found in the German Cemetery after the Armistice, is represented by a special memorial. One American grave has been removed to another cemetery. The Cemetery covers an area of 306 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.
- United Kingdom (42)
- Army (42)