Wailly Orchard Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The cemetery was begun in May 1916 by the Liverpool battalions of the 55th (West Lancashire) Division, as a front line cemetery, screened from German observation by a high wall. It was little used in 1917, but in March-August 1918, it was considerably enlarged by the Canadian and other units defending the Third Army front.
Wailly Orchard Cemetery contains 366 First World War burials, 15 of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.
- Canadian (189)
- United Kingdom (164)
- Air Force (1)
- Army (352)