Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
In April 1918, the German advance on the Lys was checked and stopped a little to the east of the village. Mont-Bernanchon saw fighting again during the Second World War. In late May 1940 units of the British Expeditionary Force fought a fierce and stubborn rearguard action in defence of the canal banks (the Aire-La Bassee canal is just north of the village) in order to hold up the German advance and aid the withdrawal to Dunkirk for evacuation.
Mont-Bernanchon Churchyard contains 13 First World War burials (three of them unidentified) and 55 from the Second World War (33 of them unidentified).
- United Kingdom (32)
- Army (32)