Tigris Lane Cemetery, Wancourt
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Wancourt was captured on 12 April 1917, after very heavy fighting. The village was lost in March 1918 and re-taken by the Canadian Corps on 26 August 1918. The cemetery (named from a trench) was made by the burial officer of the 14th (Light) Division in May 1917, and was used again in August-September 1918.
The cemetery contains 119 First World War burials, nine of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.
- United Kingdom (78)
- Canadian (32)
- Army (110)