Sains-les-Marquion British Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Sains-les-Marquion was captured by the 1st Canadian Division on 27 September 1918, and the cemetery was begun on the following day by the 3rd Canadian Infantry Brigade. It was used until the middle of October and was enlarged after the Armistice when graves were brought in from the surrounding battlefields and from Marquion Churchyard.
Sains-les-Marquion British Cemetery now contains 255 burials of the First World War. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.