Guise (La Desolation) French National Cemetery, Flavigny-le- Petit
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Guise has given its name to the battle of the 29th-30th August, 1914, between the French Fifth Army and the Germans. It was retaken by French troops on the 4th November, 1918. The National Cemetery was begun by the Germans in 1914, and, enlarged after the Armistice.
2 French mass graves with 154 bodies
Burials from the First World War 2.643 French - 1 Rumanian - 13 Russians
from the Second World War 428 French and 1 Russian