Morlancourt British Cemetery N°1
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Morlancourt was a quiet place used by field ambulances in 1916, but at the end of March 1918, it was captured by the Germans. Local operations in May and June brought the Allied line nearer to it, but the village remained in German hands until 9 August, when it was taken by the 1/1st Cambridgeshire Regiment and tanks. Morlancourt British Cemetery No. 1 was made by field ambulances in June and July 1916. One grave of September 1915 was brought in from Morlancourt Communal Cemetery in 1926.
The cemetery now contains 75 First World War burials, four of them unidentified.
- United Kingdom (70)
- Indian (1)
- Army (71)