Neuve-Chapelle British Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village has given its name to the battle which began on the 10th March, 1915, and in which it was captured, not for the first time, by the IV and Indian Corps. It was later "adopted" by the County Borough of Blackpool. Neuve-Chapelle British Cemetery was begun during the Battle of Neuve-Chapelle and used until the following November. The Cemetery was known at one time as Moggs Hole Cemetery.
There are now over 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified and special memorials are erected to six soldiers from the United Kingdom known to be buried in these graves. Other special memorials record the names of five soldiers from the United Kingdom, buried in Neuve-Chapelle Churchyard, whose graves were destroyed by shell-fire. The Cemetery covers an area of 452 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (47)
- Army (47)