Belle Vue British Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Briastre was taken by the New Zealand and 37th Divisions on the night of 11 October 1918 and on the 20th, Belle Vue Farm was captured by the 5th East Lancs of the 42nd Division. The cemetery was begun by the 42nd (East Lancashire) Division on 23 October, but used for a few days only. In 1922 it was enlarged when 47 graves were brought in from Briastre Communal Cemetery Extension.
Belle Vue British Cemetery now contains 141 First World War burials, nine of which are unidentified. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- United Kingdom (126)
- New Zealand (6)
- Army (132)