Redan Ridge Cemetery No.3, Beaumont-Hamel

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

Redan Ridge was named from The Redan, a group of British front-line trenches of 1916. The cemetery was made by the V Corps in the spring of 1917, when these battlefields were cleared. Redan Ridge Cemetery No. 3 is among the old German front line trenches.

 

There are now 67, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, half are unidentified and 13 graves which were destroyed by shell fire, are now represented by special memorials. The great majority of these officers and men fell in November, 1916, and belonged to the 2nd Division. The Cemetery covers an area of 283 square metres and its approach road 35 square metres. It is enclosed by a low rubble wall.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (33)

Served in

  • Army (33)
Redan Ridge N 3
PDF – 23.4 KB