Sunken Road Cemetery, Fampoux
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Fampoux village was taken by the 4th Division on 9 April 1917, lost at the end of March 1918, and retaken at the end of the following August. Sunken Road Cemetery is at the summit of the sunken road to Bailleul, on the east side. It was made by burial officers and fighting units between April 1917 and January 1918.
Sunken Road Cemetery contains 196 burials and commemorations of the First World War. 26 of the burials are unidentified and sixteen graves, destroyed by shell fire, are now represented by special memorials.
- United Kingdom (171)
- Army (171)