Hedauville Communal Cemetery Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The extension was begun at the end of March 1918, when the front line was consolidated a short distance east of the village following the German offensive. It was used by field ambulances and fighting units until the following August. The extension contained 95 graves at the Armistice, but was later increased when graves were brought in from the surrounding battlefields of March-August 1918.
There are now 178 First World War burials in the extension and two from the Second World War. The extension was designed by W H Cowlishaw.
- United Kingdom (166)
- New Zealand (9)
- Australian (1)
- Army (171)
- Navy (5)