Mazingarbe Communal Cemetery and Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Mazingarbe Communal Cemetery was used by units and field ambulances from June 1915 to February 1916. It contains 108 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and 24 French war graves.
The adjoining Communal Cemetery Extension was begun by the 16th (Irish) Division in April 1916 and was used until October 1918. It contains 248 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and two German graves. The extension was designed by Sir Herbert Baker.