Fosse 7 Military Cemetery (Quality Street), Mazingarbe
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Fosse 7 was four kilometres East of Mazingarbe, on the West side of the road from Lens to Bethune and it consisted of a pit-head and an Electric Power Station with a garden suburb of miners' houses (the trench which led into the cemetery was named "Quality Street" during the War). The cemetery was begun by French troops in May, 1915, and carried on by British units from June, 1915, to April, 1917.
There are now over 100, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 10 are unidentified and 17, destroyed by shell fire, are now represented by special memorials. The cemetery covers an area of 1,200 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (118)
- Army (118)