Ville-sur-Ancre Communal Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
In 1916 the village of Ville-sur-Ancre was used occasionally by field ambulances. It was captured by the Germans at the end of April 1918, and retaken by the 2nd Australian Division on 19 May. The communal cemetery was used for burials during 1916. The extension was begun in August 1918 by the 12th Division Burial Officer, and after the Armistice graves were brought in from the battlefields of the Somme and the Ancre.
The EXTENSION contains 106 First World War burials, 54 of them unidentified. The COMMUNAL CEMETERY contains 24 Commonwealth burials of the First World War, and one French grave. There are also four Second World War burials, one of which is unidentified.
- United Kingdom (23)
- Australian (4)
- Army (27)