Caestre Military Cemetery

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

Caestre Military Cemetery was opened in mid April 1918 by the Australian Corps and troops of the 9th (Scottish) Division. It was used until September 1918 for the burials of casualties sustained during the German offensive.

 

The cemetery now contains 190 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and five German war graves. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (150)
  • Australian (32)
  • South African (8)
  • German (3)

Served in

  • Army (191)
  • Air Force (2)
Caestre MC
PDF – 25.6 KB