Houchin British Cemetery

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

The cemetery was opened in March 1918 when the 6th Casualty Clearing Station came to Houchin. From April to September the German advance made Houchin unsafe for hospitals, and the cemetery was used by the 55th (West Lancashire) Division. In September 1918, the 6th Casualty Clearing Station returned to Houchin and was joined by the 15th CCS in October.

 

Houchin British Cemetery contains 700 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and two from the Second World War. There are also 39 German and one Belgian war graves. The cemetery was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (661)

·         Canadian (39)

·         German (33)

·         Belgian (1)

Served in

·         Army (732)

·         Air Force (1)

·         Miscellaneous (1)

Houchin BC
PDF – 46.5 KB