Hannescamps New Military Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Hannescamps was just behind the Allied front line until June 1916, and again in 1918. Hannescamps New Military Cemetery was begun in March 1916 and used until February 1917, and again in March 1918. Thirty graves were brought into the cemetery from the immediate neighbourhood after the Armistice.
The cemetery contains 102 burials and commemorations of the First World War. 19 of the burials are unidentified but there is a special memorial to one casualty known to be buried among them. The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.
- United Kingdom (82)
- Indian (1)
- Army (83)