Stump Road Cemetery, Grandcourt
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Grandcourt was reached by men of the 36th (Ulster) Division on the 1st July 1916, but it could not be held. It was occupied by the 63rd (Royal Naval) Division on the 7th February 1917, after a series of local attacks begun in November 1916. Stump Road Cemetery was made by the 7th Buffs in the following month.
There are now over 250, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over one-fifth are unidentified (mostly 18th Division men). All fell in the period July 1916 to February 1917. The Cemetery covers an area of 399 square metres and is enclosed by a low wall.
- United Kingdom (193)
- Canadian (20)
- Army (213)