Queant Communal Cemetery British Extension
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Queant was close behind the Hindenburg Line, at the South end of a minor defence system known as the Drocourt-Queant Line, and it was not captured by British troops until the 2nd September 1918. On the North side of the Communal Cemetery was a German Extension of nearly 600 graves (1916-1918), now removed; and the British Extension was made by fighting units, on the far side of the German Extension, in September and October 1918.
There are now nearly 300, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 1,011 square metres and is enclosed by a flint and rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (155)
- Canadian (112)
- New Zealand (3)
- Army (267)
- Navy (2)
- Air Force (1)