Redan Ridge Cemetery No.2, Beaumont-Hamel

Historical Information (Source: CWGC)

Redan Ridge lies to the North of Beaumont-Hamel village; it was named from The Redan, a group of British front-line trenches of 1916. The cemetery was made by the V Corps in the spring of 1917, when these battlefields were cleared. Redan Ridge Cemetery No.2 is about 90 metres West of the old German front line.

 

There are now 279, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, over 100 are unidentified. All fell (with one exception) in July and November 1916, and belonged to the 4th, 29th and 2nd Divisions. The cemetery covers an area of 362 square metres and its approach road 104 square metres. It is enclosed by a low rubble wall.

 

Served with

  • United Kingdom (155)

Served in

  • Army (155)
Redan Ridge N 2
PDF – 17.8 KB