Reningelst Churchyard & Extension

History Information (Source: CWGC)

The village of Reningelst was occupied by Commonwealth forces from the autumn of 1914 to the end of the war and was sufficiently far from the front line to provide a suitable station for field ambulances. The churchyard and the extension were used from March to November 1915, when the New Military Cemetery was opened.

 

The CHURCHYARD contains three First World War burials, one of them commemorated by special memorial as the grave cannot now be identified. The EXTENSION contains 56 First World War burials and two from the Second World War.

 

Reningelst Churchyard

Served with

·         United Kingdom (3)

Served in

·         Army (3)

Reningelst Churchyard & Extension

Served with

·         United Kingdom (56)

·         Australian (1)

Served in

·         Army (55)

·         Air Force (2)

Reningelst Churchyard Ext
PDF – 17.9 KB