Templeux-le-Guerard British Cemetery
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village was taken early in April 1917, lost on the 21st March 1918, and retaken by the 15th Suffolks of the 74th (Yeomanry) Division on the following 18th September. Templeux-Le-Guerard British Cemetery was begun by the 59th Division in April 1917, and carried on by other units until August 1917, and again in September and October 1918. After the Armistice, a further 360 graves were brought in from the battlefields (of April 1917 and March and September 1918) surrounding the village and in 1930 and from smaller British cemeteries.
There are now over 750, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, nearly a quarter are unidentified and special memorials are erected to 16 soldiers from the United Kingdom, known or believed to be buried among them. The irregular lettering of the Rows is due to the concentrations of graves carried out after the Armistice. The cemetery covers an area of 2,509 square metres and is enclosed on three sides by a low rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (536)
- Australian (44)
- Indian (3)
- Canadian (1)
- South African (1)
- Army (583)
- Air Force (2)