La Flamengrie Monument

Historical  Information

Monument to the cease-fire of the Pierre d'Haudroy - Flamengrie

On November 7, 1918, at 8:20 pm, the four cars carrying the German plenipotentiaries responsible for negotiating an armistice arrived in La Flamengrie, near La Capelle. The first "ceasefire" is marked thus marking the beginning of negotiations and the end of hostilities. The armistice is finally signed in Compiègne on November 11, 1918.


A granite monument of the Vosges, named the Pierre d'Haudroy, is inaugurated in 1925. It reads: 1918 - November 7 - 20 hours 20 - Here triumphed the tenacity of the poilu. Destroyed by the Germans in August 1940, he was replaced in 1948.