Point 110 New Military Cemetery, Fricourt
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Fricourt village was captured by the 17th Division on 2 July 1916 but the southern part of the commune, in which this cemetery is situated, was already in Allied hands. Point 110 New Military Cemetery was begun by the 403rd French Infantry Regiment in May-July 1915 and continued by Commonwealth units in February-July 1916. The cemetery was named from the contour on the map; before September 1916 it was called King George's Hill.
The cemetery contains 64 Commonwealth burials of the First World War. The 26 French and two German graves were later removed to other burial grounds.
- United Kingdom (64)
- Army (64)