St. Quentin Cabaret Military Cemetery

History Information (Source: CWGC)

St. Quentin Cabaret was an inn about 460 metres east of Kandahar Farm, near the village of Wulverghem (now Wulvergem) and the front line. At times, the inn was used as battalion headquarters. The cemetery was begun in February 1915 by the 46th (North Midland) Division and continued to be used by the divisions holding the sector until it fell into German hands with the capture of Wulverghem in April 1918. The village and cemetery were recovered in September, but only two further burials were made.

 

There are 460 Commonwealth burials of the First World War in the cemetery. The cemetery was designed by Charles Holden.

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (316)

·         Canadian (68)

·         New Zealand (64)

·         Australian (7)

·         German (1)

Served in

·         Army (456)

St. Quentin Cabaret
PDF – 31.8 KB