Selridge British Cemetery, Montay
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Montay was reached in the Pursuit to the Selle on the 10th October 1918; and on the 28th and 29th the cemetery was made by the 33rd Division and given the name of Selridge from its position above the river valley. It contained originally 60 graves, dating from the 10th October to the 1st November, the majority belonged to the 6th or 12th Lancashire Fusiliers or the 2nd Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. After the Armistice a further 87 graves were added.
There are now nearly 150, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The Cemetery covers an area of 565 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (141)
- Army (141)