Sunken Road Cemetery, Villers-Plouich
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
Villers-Plouich was captured in April 1917, by the 13th East Surreys, lost in March 1918 and regained at the end of the following September, when the 1st East Surreys were the first troops to enter the village. It was later "adopted" by the Borough of Wandsworth.
There are now over 50, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The cemetery covers an area of 257 square metres and is enclosed on three sides by a low rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (48)
- Army (29)
- Navy (19)