Suzanne Military Cemetery No. 3
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The village of Suzanne was taken over by British troops in the summer of 1915, lost in March, 1918, and recaptured by the 3rd Australian Division on the following 26th August. Suzanne Military Cemetery No. 3 was originally a French Cemetery (Cimetière Mixte No. 3 de Suzanne); but after the Armistice the British graves were concentrated into it from the battlefields North of the Somme, and the French graves were removed.
There are now 139 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-18 war here. Of these, 42 are unidentified. There is also 1 German burial here. The cemetery covers area of 925 square metres and is enclosed by a low rubble wall.
- United Kingdom (67)
- Australian (26)
- Canadian (3)
- German (1)
- Army (97)