Brandhoek Military Cemetery

History Information (Source: CWGC)

During the First World War, Brandhoek was within the area comparatively safe from shell fire which extended beyond Vlamertinghe Church. Field ambulances were posted there continuously and the Military Cemetery was opened early in May 1915 in a field adjoining the dressing station. It closed in July 1917 when the New Military Cemetery was opened nearby, to be followed by the New Military Cemetery No 3 in August 1917.

 

Brandhoek Military Cemetery now contains 669 First World War burials. The cemetery was designed by Sir Reginald Blomfield.

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (602)

·         Canadian (63)

·         Australian (4)

·         German (1)

Served in

·         Army (666)

·         Air Force (3)

·         Navy (1)

 

Brandhoek MC
PDF – 43.2 KB