Ingoyghem Military Cemetery 

History Information (Source: CWGC)

The village of Ingoyghem was taken by the 9th (Scottish) Division on 25 October 1918. The military cemetery had been started by the Germans and 54 of their graves (only three of them identified) remain in the south end. Practically all of the 88 First World War Commonwealth burials and commemorations in the cemetery date from October 1918. 31 of the burials are unidentified but special memorials commemorate five casualties known to be buried among them.

 

There are also three burials from the Second World War, one of which is unidentified, all dating from May 1940.

 

Served with

·         United Kingdom (56)

·         Canadian (3)

·         German (3)

Served in

·         Army (59)

·         Air Force (2)

·         Navy (1)

Ingoyghem MC
PDF – 19.6 KB