Fosse 10 Communal Cemetery Extension, Sains-en-Gohelle
Historical Information (Source: CWGC)
The Extension is on the South side of the Communal Cemetery. It was begun in April, 1916 and used continuously (chiefly by Field Ambulances) until October 1918. Of the Chinese labourers, seven were reburied in this cemetery after the Armistice from the following cemetery:- PETIT-CUINCY GERMAN CEMETERY, which was near the South side of the road from Cuincy to Esquerchin, in the commune of Cuincy. It contained, besides German graves, those of a small number of British soldiers, who were reburied after the Armistice in Douai British Cemetery.
There are now nearly 500, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The Cemetery Extension covers an area of 2,134 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall. The Commonwealth war graves are located in between two sections of civilian graves in the Communal cemetery.
- United Kingdom (257)
- Canadian (214)
- Australian (1)
- Army (471)
- Navy (1)